Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Validation?

I don't understand what it is with me, but it seems to be that I'm always needing validation from others. Did I do this right? I did that right, right? Do I look okay? You're not mad at me, are you? It's a personality trait that I have always had. I am a person who thinks of others more than myself, and I think about what they are thinking of me. If someone is talking about me behind my back. I can become so almost self-centered because I believe the world is out to get me. NO you did that wrong is what I shudder at. I have to get to the point where I am in control of those thoughts and by in control I mean being able to see them but go past and not need that validation every five fucking minutes. I need to be more comfortable being me and realize some of the other people are thinking about what others think of them. Then there are those who straight up don't give a damn about validation. That is where I want to be, not needing that shit because it's childish. It's a childish trait, I'll admit. Sometimes I just wan to be sure everything is okay, I need that saying 'it's good' or something positive, otherwise I get anxious. Sometimes I believe I get vibes from people the moment I say hi to them. In the way they reply and sometimes look at me, it makes me think that someone said something about me or he just doesn't like me. I hate this so much, but it's me. I need to put my priorities in order, and what other people think of me should not rate high on the list. It's a good thing to know that you are good and nothing is going on, but I do it all too much. Sometimes, however those vibes I get from people are true. I can read subtle things in the way people talk and then hear about what happened after the fact that solidifies what I had been questioning. Man, that's a bitch when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment