Thursday, June 8, 2017

Periphery

I have always been interested in the paranormal. I had a surprise when a fellow co-worker told me he had been dealing with spirits his  whole life, and that they were all around him. The ones that followed him he believed were good. Now, I am not one to disbelieve anything of this sort. I believe him. I am not skeptical, I am intrigued. He had me come to his house and we just waited to see if something would happen around us that was 'off.'
I told him of the sleep paralysis that people experience. You wake up and you can't move, but you see things. He told me simply, "That's a demon on your chest." The only way to get them out is to speak the name of Jesus Christ. This was strange because in the documentary on sleep paralysis I recently watched on Netflix, there was a woman who no longer suffered from sleep paralysis. You want to know how she got rid of it? Praying to God and Jesus' protection. Now, I was really intrigued.
He told me that you can't see demons when they are close to you. They have to be at least twenty or thirty feet away from you to actually 'see' them. He told me he has seen them, but would not go any further in depth on what had happened or what they looked like. I could tell that this was truly something he was, I don't want to say comfortable with, but more he was accustomed to the whole thing, the way a race car driver is accustomed to speeding around a loop, ready for disaster at any second.
We went into his garage, where he said he had heard pounding, loud pounding on the door several times. As he said he felt something, I immediately felt the hairs on my neck rise, and an almost electrical current rush through my spine.
We went onto the deck, after not seeing much in the garage, and spent some time there, just looking across the yards and the nearby houses. It was maybe midnight, so it was dark. He told me of seeing someone in his back yard several times. He knew who the young man was, and the first day he did not see the kid, he had committed murder and killed himself only a few blocks away.
Standing on the porch we did not see much. I didn't see much, I should say. He is always perceptive about things and told me the peripherals are where you usually see things.
After about twenty minutes of him showing me things that he might see, he pointed across his yard. There was another house there, maybe a hundred feet away. He told me to look toward the ground in the back yard of the house, and sure enough I could see an almost inky type of fog slowly moving across the ground.
As soon as I said I saw this, the back light of the house turned on. We thought it was strange and he told me "I'll bet they heard something."
Five minutes later a man had come out of the house with a flashlight and began looking around in the darkness around his house. Now I was not freaking out, I was a little excited, but thought maybe something else had happened. I presently left.
Twenty minutes later I got a call from him.
He told me the police had come and were searching around the house with flashlights. Had something happened? A window break? I don't think I'll ever know, but it was my first experience being with someone so tacked in to the supernatural, or maybe we should call it 'the natural,' because maybe it isn't as far away from our sights as we think.
It's right there. In your periphery.

No comments:

Post a Comment